The engines! Air-cooled generators come with engines that use fans to force air across the engine for cooling, while liquid-cooled generators use enclosed radiator systems for cooling, similar to an automobile. Generally, liquid-cooled engines are used on larger kW generators due to the larger engines required for the higher power output.
A standby generator, unlike the portable options, are installed outside of your home and are wired directly to your home’s electrical system. The units usually run on natural gas or propane and will automatically start as soon as any power outage is detected, which is ideal for if you aren’t home when the power goes out. An appealing feature of the standby generator is that when the power outage is over, the unit will shut off on its own.
While a standby generator costs more initially, they supply more reliable backup power and are quieter when on. Also, these units can power much more than what’s possible with the portable unit. If you opt for a standby generator, it’s imperative a licensed and qualified electrician install it since it will be wired into the home’s electrical system. To learn more about standby generators or to schedule installation, contact our team today.
No, the cost of the Generac home backup generator does not include installation.
Every home is different, and so is every installation. The placement of the generator, the amount of materials required, and the installation of the natural gas or LP fuel source all make estimating installation costs unique. The best way to -know for sure is to get a free in-home assessment. Contact us and we will listen to your needs, assess your home, and give you a detailed quote. All at no charge, with no obligation, and no pressure. We also encourage you to use our Sizer Calculator to make sure you are getting the generator that is best for you and your needs! (Note: We are a turn-key company that takes care of permitting, inspections, and work alongside your utility provider prior to installation).
*See link for sizer calculator
This is a maintenance reminder light. You can reset the light by pressing the Enter key on the control panel. Service reminders include inspecting the battery, changing oil and filter, changing the air filter, inspect spark plugs, and change spark plugs.
We are an authorized Generac dealer and perform warranty service. Contact us for additional information. Our Authorized Service technicians provide parts, service, and information on equipment, regardless of where it was purchased. We are staffed with trained technicians certified in supporting all aspects of the Generac automatic standby generator line (residential to commercial).
- With an automatic backup generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on your home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply is less expensive to run than gasoline and sources such as natural gas do not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords!
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns.
- Our company offers the FLEET program to our customers that provides our team with information about your generator 24 hours a day. We will know before you, if your generator needs service. Contact us today to find out pricing and the benefits of FLEET!
Generac is one of the few companies to offer premium aluminum enclosures for its residential backup generators. Aluminum enclosures are naturally rust and corrosion resistant. For salt air or high humidity conditions, aluminum enclosures are highly recommended for worry free service.
All generators require regular maintenance, such as oil and filter changes to ensure maximum performance for years of reliable service. East Coast Power Systems is an authorized service dealer that offers annual maintenance contracts for a worry-free ownership experience. Refer to your owner’s manual for routine maintenance procedures and schedules.
Owner’s manuals and other documentation can be downloaded from Generac Power Systems – Find My Manual, Parts List, and Product Support page using the unit’s serial number, or contact us for more information.
Depending on the level of service chosen, annual maintenance can take 1-2 hours and you may or may not have to be home for annual maintenance to be performed.
- To accommodate a variety of budgets and customer needs, we provide several levels of service. Each level provides a specific set of criteria for our technicians
- Ask us about our MVP (Maintenance Value Plan). This is our Preferred MVP program that entitles you to TOP-Priority service.
East Coast Power Systems offers a unique system for monitoring that has the highest reliability by using the 4G LTE cellular network system, no worries about unreliable internet access through a router.
Our technicians are provided with your information and will contact you prior to making any additional cost repairs. Most common parts are stocked on our service trucks to ensure you are getting the best service possible!
We ARE an authorized Generac Dealer that can perform all of your warranty repairs or service. Our technicians are warranty certified and complete annual training directly with Generac and our other suppliers.
- Just like your car, your equipment needs scheduled maintenance. From oil changes to simply cutting the shrubs that are too close to the exhaust, regular maintenance will increase the life of your generator and is needed for any possible warranty claims.
- We like to explain the difference in this simple way: maintenance is like changing the oil or oil filter in your car or getting a tune-up and a warranty is like what your dealership offers with your car in terms of how long aspects of your car will be covered.
- During scheduled maintenance our team will look for other areas of your generator that may need to be lubed or adjusted according to the age, use or temperatures of your area and season.
- We currently offer a variety of maintenance programs. We offer several maintenance contract options that you can choose at any time. We offer a 2-year contract that is a $50 cost savings and ask us about our MVP (Maintenance Value Plan). Regularly scheduled maintenance provides an added layer of service that is needed to protect your warranty.
- Our company offers a FLEET program contract that provides 24/7 monitoring along with the Maintenance Value Plan (MVP) or ala carte.
- All our technicians are trained and follow National Electrical Code (NEC) which is the most widely adopted Code in the world. Approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the NEC is the most complete set of electrical Code requirements that govern electrical installations in the interest of safety for persons and property. Knowledge of the NEC is an inherent part of doing business in the electrical industry. Scott Miller (owner) is a Master Electrician and we are licensed and bonded! The National Electric Code & NECA (neca-neis.org)
- Many contractors are NOT pulling permits or following NEC regulations. Our company often is contacted to correct installations that were not properly installed and permits have often NOT been pulled. How To Avoid a Home Improvement Scam | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov)
- YES! We will verify your warranty and remaining coverage in effect prior to repairing your product and will give you an estimate upfront of any services or parts that are not covered by your warranty.
- If you purchase from our company we will maintain a copy of your warranty and warranty details in our electronic files, available 24/7/365. No need to worry yourself about going online, contacting Generac or searching for lost Owner’s Manuals and receipts when you buy from us!
- Generac offers standard 5-year limited warranties, as well as extended 7-10 year warranties for home standby generators. We do not sell or service portable generators, only whole-home standby generators. Warranties cover repairs that result from product defects and parts that require premature replacement. Warranties do NOT cover:
- Rust on enclosures after 1 year
- Costs of normal maintenance
- Damage caused by accidents, shipping, handling, or improper storage
- Damage caused by use of improper fuel
- Damage due to using non-Generac parts
- Failure due to abuse, neglect, improper installation, or rodent infestation
- Rental equipment used while warranty generator repairs are being performed.
- Damage caused by any mode of transport deemed not standard by Generac
- Products that are modified without Generac authorization
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, or engine fluid
- Additional costs for overtime, holiday, or outside of business hours repairs
- Acts of God, theft, fire, or other matters beyond the manufacturer’s control
- While your warranty cannot cover these things, some of these can be covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy. Be sure to inform your insurance provider when you purchase a home standby generator so that it can be included in the policy.
- East Coast Power Systems offers a unique system for monitoring that has the highest reliability by using the 4G LTE cellular network system, no worries about unreliable internet access through a router.
- Signing up for the FLEET program will provide a dashboard about your equipment to our technicians 24/7 This dashboard will provide us with your current alarm status, maintenance due date, generator information and enables our technicians to receive notifications about any fault codes that we need without you needing to contact us.
Learn about way you can prepare early for stormy weather coming your way.